Spain's David Silva to join Manchester City on four-year deal

David Silva strolled into the City of Manchester Stadium today bearing gold - and looking for more rewards to add to his gleaming World Cup winner's medal.

The Blues' midfield capture from Valencia is aiming to enjoy more celebrations at City following Spain's dramatic extra-time final win over the Netherlands in Johannesburg.

Modest Silva had to be persuaded to show us his medal, but admitted: "I'm very happy with what we did this summer - it's the best time that any player can have.

"I am looking forward to starting the season with my new team, I'm excited about my new team. And I will be happy if at the end we are in the Champions League - or if we win a trophy.

"Roberto Mancini and Garry Cook have told me we are building a very good team with some of the best players in the world and we are going to fight for honours."


Silva, heading for a holiday in the Canaries before joining the squad, said: "My first target is to get into the team, and then to fight for the league and the other competitions.

Comments